Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Good Old Days

I had such a good time reminiscing on all the great toys of the 90's that I just had to keep living in the past and look into the TV shows.

So remember when Nickelodeon and Disney had the greatest shows ever.... before they sold out and started making crap like Hannah Montana?  Well I do.  The best part about these 90's and early 2000 shows is probably the theme songs.... so I did a little looking and found these. Feel free to sing along... I did. 





Sister Sister - Ah Tia and Tamara Mowry how you made me wish I had a twin.... or that I was black! Great show :)




CatDog 




Doug- though I would have preferred if the show was called Patty Mayonnaise because honestly that's the greatest name I've ever heard.  



Hey Arnold - and the best episode "Stoop Kid"






RocketPower - We are riders on a mission.... probably my favorite theme song.








Are You Afraid of the Dark and Goosebumps - How great were these shows?! I remember the rating was Y-7 and I told my sisters they weren't allowed to watch it unless I was with them because I was 7 and old enough to supervise.  




Legends of the Hidden Temple - I think every child dreamed of being on this show and was frustrated by the constant lack of physical ability and intelligence of the kids they actually chose to be on the show.  I mean really... how hard is it to stack the 3 piece totem pole?





All That / The Amanda Show - The children's SNL... This was one of my favorite segments- Ask Ashley. 






Even Stevens - Remember when these two weren't hot? Yeah me too.... unfortunately for Beans puberty didn't really help all that much.






Recess - Favorite after school show by far!





Lloyd In Space - Made me want to live in outer space so bad!


Lizzie McGuire - But lets be honest the show should have been called Gordo.... he was the real star.

In addition to the tv shows I loved, I couldn't leave out a list of the best movies Nickolodeon and Disney cranked out... 


Johnny Tsunami





Zenon - Can we all agree that Protazoa was a musical genius? 


Smart House


Luck of the Irish 



Brink - During the rollerblade craze of our childhood this little number came out and made us all think we could be pro skaters... besides how could you not love this face? 


No comments:

Post a Comment